Saturday, 9 May 2015

Craft Therapy, the Results.

All the great changes I've recently gone through took their toll on my creative routine. So it is kind of important to me that I finally got the chance to start *and finish* a new sewing project!

...hankies, nonna style!


Being at the sewing machine again helped me realising the stunning amount of creative frustration I had cumulated....which is perfectly normal all considering. As it is absolutely normal being "stressed" although we're happy, right?! I don't know you, but I keep forgetting the basics.
...fazzolettoni!

So once again, I realised how creating is vital for me. It keeps me in balance!


Machine embroidery, naive or nonsense? Can't decide yet.

Anyhow, I've sewn the set of neckerchiefs above out of the coloured coarse cotton. I had them in mind for a long time now, so...that was a major accomplishment!
Chanderi silk.
 I had a hard time trying to describe it.

I closed some custom orders. Among them, a black silk headband, and the brown one above, which is for sale now (right, the lady was just inquiring about it, but I decided to made it anyway).


Eventually, I was able to sew a few garments for myself, as the circle scarf above. I hope I'll be able to show them to you...sooner, or later! I'd need someone to take pictures of me...

After hours of "craft therapy", I feel pacified, and I can enjoy the weekend!

Have a nice day,

Elettra

No comments:

Post a Comment