Sunday, 30 November 2014

Etsy Gift Guide for Dummies.

Since we are officially entering the gift-hunting season, it's time for me to put to good use my considerable knowledge of Etsy!

Etsy is no simple marketplace, many shops I used to purchase from are now closed - maybe on vacation, maybe disappeared into a search black hole. So I'll mention only a few things I've had the chance to find, like, and buy recently.


Trendy items: the wrap watch. I bought mine from Villa Sorgenfrei, a etsy shop based in Berlin, Germany. Run by Claudia, it sells assembled time pieces, and jewelry.
What I can tell is that: the wrap is actually leather, and ages nicely; the piece as a whole has comfortable proportions, and it's easy to put on and off; eventually, it's quite resilient. The price is fair when compared to the average cost for the same product (about 22 euro), but postal charges are minimal. My watch came inside a elegant cardboard box, with a spare battery, and a complimentary stainless steel charm.


Original postcards: the 3D papercraft kit. I love frogs. But I love brilliant cards even more. So, to make a very special young lady smile, I purchased this card from Paper Wolf, and had it delivered directly to her letterbox. Run by Wolfram, PaperWolf is also based in Germany. It sells the most amazing papercraft kits, which tend to turn into fantastic 3D paper sculptures.
As for Villa SorgenfreiPaper Wolf's prices and postal charges are quite fair.
My recommendation: not to be missed!


The ultimate treat: handmade potteryL'Officina is to me one of the unforgettable etsy shop. Run by Sonia, a ceramist based in Italy, her teapots (above) are just stunning, and would do well in art galleries. Unfortunately, they are a little pricey for me! On the bright side, in her shop you'll find tons of absolutely inexpensive gift ideas!


...Gosh, I think I'm in love with that car!

Have a nice day,

Elettra

11 comments:

  1. carina questa selezione..mi piace moltissimo il primo orologio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anche a me, infatti alla fine me lo sono accattato!

      Delete
  2. Ho suggerito a molti brand di vendere su etsy ma credo che non ci siano trovati bene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh, lo capisco...Per quanto "snaturato", etsy resta un mercato piuttosto particolare: non tutto vende bene, ma se vendi tanto vuoi ben altro! Negli anni è molto cambiato, magari bisogna provare di nuovo :P

      Delete
  3. L'ho appena conosciuto e sai che lo trovo molto interessante.
    Un bacione
    Maggie Dallospedale Fashion diary - Fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Io lo adoro, forse perchè spesso dietro agli oggetti trovo idee, progetti e persone altrettanto interessanti!

      Delete
  4. That frog is the cutest thing! Can't believe that it's made from paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's brilliant! It comes as a postcard, then you cut and paste it into the frog! I was amazed!

      Delete
  5. The watch is amazing! It is such a great feeling to treat yourself to something handmade. Those teapots are so sweet and whimsical.

    ReplyDelete