Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Back to the Future!



I recently found out that coming back is not always that easy. I should write a book about it. A book for people moving around all the time. Stay here three weeks, go there one week, stay a few days, go elsewhere...

No, I'm not homeless! And I know it is no big deal, all the traveling. I have many friends who are always away from home - for a reason, or another (well, some of them developed anxiety towards stations, and airports).


Anyway, I now have the feeling. And I hate it!

It is kind of a cry from within, like I'm again five years old ("...Mom, I want to go home!").
Point is, I'm already back home ("...you silly!").
Basically, a total space/time short circuit.


I guess the feeling is like if you left a piece behind. I probably left mine in a hotel. Also, it may strike you like the certainty you forgot something, but, since you forgot, you don't know what's missing.


So...does this happen to you? Do you know the feeling...or it's just me?! Well, I hope that damn piece catches up with me. In the meantime, enjoy these picks from my garden! The Irish one, for gardening lovers.


Have  nice day

Elettra

16 comments:

  1. che bella selezione di fiori...io odio stare lontano da casa..quando viaggio per lunghi periodi nn vedo l'ora di tornare
    baci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...già! A me piace, ma mi perdo nei rientri!

      Delete
  2. I wish I could have the time/money/ability to travel more... but I don't, so... lucky you!!! Btw, I get that feeling as well sometimes. And it's odd. Maybe I left a piece behind when I moved out from my hometown to another region, two years ago.
    Anyway, your garden looks as beautiful as your creations, Elettra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tine! You have a point: travelling is an opportunity, and I should know better. Let's just say sometimes I'd like to be a poet rather than a maker, so to write a masterpiece out of my blues :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ...meno male! Alle volte mi confonde...per fortuna passa in fretta :D

      Delete
  4. Sono riuscita a capirti perfettamente e credo di capirti molto bene.
    Mi capita spesso anche a me, ma sparisce rapidamente
    Un bacione
    Maggie D.
    <a href="http://www.indiansavage.com”> Maggie Dallospedale Fashion diary - Fashion Blog </a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...è un sollievo a sapersi! Grazie di esser passata da qui :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. grazie...è l'ultima fioritura prima dell'inverno!

      Delete
  6. As much as I enjoy traveling, I also enjoy the felling of security and being settled in my own home. Your flowers are beautiful and I do love the bike photo. I love any kind of bike photo but when it's paired up with flowers, it's even more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I especially love that bike as it moved with us to Ireland many years ago now!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. ....thank you Rose! I'm kind of shocked by the wigs on your blog, never considered that a possibility!

      Delete