Wednesday, 17 September 2014

À la Rentrée!


Good morning, how are you?! A few days ago I was back from my holidays in Italy, where I had the privilege to enjoy gorgeous landscapes - mountains, hills, crowded seasides -, eat molto gelato, and sleep without blankets. Overall, a great time off.

I wish I was able to catch up with myself faster, but - I have to say it -, my head is still floating somewhere over the rainbow!

Confused by relaxation, I thought it would be a good idea giving a look to my many "left behind" projects. I opened The Big Box, and started picking up fabric scraps, ribbons, buttons, zips... aaand, I don't know how, I ended up sewing the new jewelry cases! 
Oh yes, because everything in my shop comes with a complimentary jewelry bag I personally sew. I think it well represents the care I put in my work. But - and I've been thinking about it for ages - it's time to change!

The new cases are a padded fabric fold: no strings, no zip, no button. As simple as that. I made them out of silk, and felt. I would have loved to come up with something resembling a box, but...sincerely, to keep shipping costs decent, they must fit a large envelop. So...flat it is!


Have a nice day

Elettra

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a great trip! Your new addition to jewelry line - small bags - are excellent idea! I think it will be very appealing to customers! Happy Sales! xx, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mi piace da matti anche il packaging, così essenziale e ben presentato.
    Un bacione
    Maggie D.
    The Indian Savage diary Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esatto, l'idea è proprio questa...e penso si sposi bene alla linea di gioielli :D

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you were able to get away. Italy is a place that I hope to someday visit. I just love your bags, and I love the idea of way you made the closure. I think it's perfect. As for the box, I like these flat bags much better because I think they will store the jewelry nicer too. Since there are no zippers, drawstrings, or velcro, they will lay flatter. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sheryl!!! I really hope you'll be able to visit Italy! Maybe it isn't fair for me to judge, but...it's a wonderful country :D As for most european trips, I'd suggest june or september, the best months to enjoy all the pleasures it has to offer :D

      Delete