Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Upcycling, recycling, refashion!

The point is: clothes get old, we get fatter (!) or slimmer (?), anyway the result of the combination of the two factors can't be unseen! So I decided to refashion some shabby t-shirts.



Incredibly, I had a lot of fun! I discovered how many details one can come up with! How many? ...Well, many... like the bird attached here below.

I mean, it was more than cutting and sewing, it soon became art! As when I got this weird idea of switching or creating fake, nonsensical labels. I can't say why I did it, it was just too ridiculous not to do.



No worries, this kind of ragged crafts won't end up in my etsy shop. And maybe next time I'll show you some actual clothing made from actual fabric...

Stay tuned!

19 comments:

  1. Che belle, soprattutto quella sul blu con l'uccellino! Non sfigurerebbero affatto su Etsy XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma che idee originali, adoro queste t-shirt, e adoro il recupero!!!!
    Un abbraccio....
    Benedetta

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...grazie, io ho il pallino del recupero da che mi ricordo, e come vedi lo perseguo ossessivamente!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ottimi suggerimenti.... idee super fashion!!!!!
    Bravissima Elettra!!!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie, troppo buona! Presto un post sulle mie velleità sartoriali vere e proprie!

      Delete
  5. Proprio una grande idea!

    couturetrend.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravissima, a me piacciono molto e secondo me starebbero bene sull'etsy. Farebbero furore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these!! Every time I see something like this it makes me want to learn to use a sewing machine. For now you've spurred me on to add a few beads or to get my embroidery thread out and jazz up a few tired tops. Thanks for posting....and I understand the new labels...you are signing your hand work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...So you refashioned your clothes as well! So clever your comment on labels, I'll keep it in mind :D

      Delete
  8. You have an interesting blog with great ideas!! Would you like to follow each other? let us know
    a beautiful maison

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! This is a great idea for people who have lost weight and can't fit into their clothes anymore. They can really get creative with all those clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, in my case I got weight :D but it works either way!

      Delete
  10. How fun they must have been to make! And they are beautiful! If not for your shop I do hope you find something fun to do with them ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you! I've already used a couple of them (with great satisfaction)!

      Delete
  11. Hey, love your style and love your blog...following you! (:

    Hosting an INTERNATIONAL GIVE-AWAY WITH FIRMOO.
    Participate and win a Free pair for yourself. It ends on 14th of June. x

    http://memypendown.blogspot.in/
    http://www.facebook.com/MeMyPenDown

    ReplyDelete