Friday, 21 June 2013

The transitive property applies also to creativity.

There are so many projects I'm trying to go on with recently that sometimes I feel like spare time is slipping through my fingers! Don't get me wrong, there is nothing I like better to feel fulfilled with inspiration.
Every creative mind knows though this kind of situation is tricky. It is not a question of ups and downs - it is quite more simple. What is tricky about feeling so "creative" is that you have just two hands, and they are not enough to make all the things you'd like!

In a way, the problem of creativity is you can't really save it for later. I take notes, and write projects, but with inspiration comes along the ability to make my ideas come true.
It is not easy to manage the process, and I can tell sometimes it's just exasperating. I guess one must take it as it is, and make the best out of it.
These days I was so focused on tailoring and sewing, that I felt like jewelry making was a total waste of time. Anyhow, I didn't want my shop to be that empty, so I forced myself into beading at least a couple of necklaces. And...you know what? I think the imagination unleashed by the new projects actually contaminated my jewelry!

I made one, two, three, four multi-strand chokers without even thinking. I enjoyed beading up strand after strand, and liked every outcome. This was so unexpected, I swear!
I think I just discovered that the transitive property applies also to creativity.
Am I wrong? A penny for your thought!

Have a nice week end,

Elettra

22 comments:

  1. che belle creazioni..mi piace tanto la terza
    baci e buon week end

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie! Buon fine settimana anche a te!

      Delete
  2. beautiful additions to your shop! The photos are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! we finally had some sunny days in Dublin, so I could take some decent shot!!!

      Delete
  3. Mi piacerebbe avere la tua creativita" e la tua manualita' davvero sono qualita' che ammiro molto, tu sei bravissima!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful pieces, congratulations

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creations are beautiful and inspiring every time. It doesn't matter if you focus on tailoring or jewelry, the result is wonderful anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful jewelry! Looks like so much work is put into the. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful :) Creativity is a great thing and diversity is the spice of life..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous post! Great pictures! I love them all! I'm definitely thinking that your blog is always more cute!
    Have a nice day!
    PERSUNMALL INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so sweet! I totally loved this post!!! Really great inspiration! Love, Kyra
    FOLLOW MY BLOG // TELL ME // I FOLLOW YOU BACK!

    ReplyDelete