Monday, 10 June 2013

Sewing your own clothes: two easy projects.

My sewing projects grow more and more ambitious. I'm not that good at sewing yet, but my creativity can't wait! So, in the last few months I've not just recycled old clothes, but also designed some brand new ones. 

I purchased the fabric from Les coupons de Saint Pierre, a magical shop near Montmartre, in Paris. Well, my first plan was to go to Paris, and come back with a luggage full of fabric; then I actually went to Paris, and realized it was kind of impractical. So I just ordered it online. Great service, if you want to give it a try!



The first one above is a long shirt, to wear as a light overcoat. I'm thinking about adding a hood - I adore hoods! -, and that's the reason why it may seem there is more fabric than necessary around the neckline. In order to Do It Youself, you can follow the sewing icon I (totally) made up for you!


The second one - shown on top of the first because it's impossible to take a decent picture of white, transparent cotton -, is again a light overcoat, but sleeveless and buttonless. It is much more refined though: empire line and flare effect.

...again, I've added a non-label, because I'm no logo, after all! 

Now, if you want to Do It Yourself, I just mixed up this tutorial (italian) for the top, and this for the flare effect (english), or the bottom.

I hope I have inspired you a little! Have a nice day and...stay tuned!

Elettra

20 comments:

  1. Such beautiful fabric! I may sew beads, unfortunately a terrible seamstress ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your talent in beading, that's too suspicious :D

      Delete
  2. So cute!!!! Well done darling!!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so talented!:) you can do so many things! Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Agnieszka, you're too good :)

      Delete
  4. Il color carota degli autoabbronzanti e' teribbbbbbile....questo che ho preso della caudalie (ho un dubbio sul nome argh..) non e' male e' " quasi bio" e si toglie con l'acqua....

    Nice bluse,,,!!!
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D meno male! No, perchè qui va di moda ma non si può vedere!

      Delete
  5. Amazing piece!! Great work! Let‘s follow each other! Lots of Love, Kyra!
    FOLLOW MY BLOG // TELL ME // I FOLLOW YOU BACK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give a look to your website, very nice indeed! I'm following you!

      Delete
  6. I used to make clothes all the time. I think you are inspiring me to give it a try once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...if you do, please keep me updated! I'd love to share tips and ideas!

      Delete
  7. Great work!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Ciao Vale, che bel blog hai! Lo tengo d'occhio! Grazie per essere passata!

      Delete
  9. ma che brava che sei...mi piace tantissimo!
    baci

    Anthea’s Fashion
    Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. thank you dear! See your at yours, so fresh, lovely :)

      Delete