Friday, 28 June 2013

Eventually, my silk obi belts!

I'm so happy today because I may eventually introduce you to my silk obi belts...the very first accessory I consciously decided to offer online along with costume, and gemstone jewelry!

This above is the last one I listed, but I start with it, because that turquoise row silk inspired the first prototype I made (if you're curious, you can find it on my facebook page).


While I'm keeping that for me, this one is for the shop, indeed it has the same measures and shape of the others below. Coherence is important in setting up a new collection...then I'm going to accept custom orders :)

...I fell for turquoise, but this dusty orange is my favorite! And I mustn't be alone in this, if I had already shipped the first (yeeeee!)


The orange silk has a natural, coppery shimmer but it's not too shining. I think the row quality of the silk perfectly matches the earth color. In Italy we call this nuance "terra di Siena" (sienna).



...So, sticking with the Tuscany hills' palette, I picked also a olive green. It's a smart color, almost a neutral, and I couldn't leave behind the possibility to turn the army color into a so fancy accessory!


Wow, I love bordeaux, with its deep red recalling of romantic dates, luxury, and probably ...curtains! 


Anyhow, it really stands out. Its ties are smaller, so you can fold it, and use it as a sash belt. Silk is soft and stiff at the same time, so it takes the shape you want.



...I guess these aren't the obi belt you're used to. Well, when I came up with this design I had tons of ideas to squeeze into just one! I wanted it to remind of the traditional obi belts, though as a fashionable, contemporary accessory.


I wanted a easy-reproducible shape, few visible seams, the perfect match between luxury fabric and reasonable prices. I wanted the accessory to fit every size, from XS to XL. 


...I wanted it to tie the body as a victorian corsage, without having to customize every piece. I wanted the strings not to overlap on the back, which is awful. 
So, it took a little effort, but I think I've got everything I wanted...

To celebrate, for three days is FREE SHIPPING, FREE SHOPPING  at my shop! 

See you there...otherwise, have a nice week end!

Elettra

21 comments:

  1. bellissime mi piace un sacco quella azzurra
    bacioni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...è un colore incredibile, vero?! grazie di essere passata!

      Delete
  2. They're beautiful!!! The olive one is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ma che belli questi obi, secondo me in turchese e' il top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazie! anche secondo me ha un colore fantastico!

      Delete
  4. Saw these in your shop and was admiring them. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Anne-Marie, you make me feel very proud!

      Delete
  5. Me piace molto!

    http://www.cultureandtrend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mi piace questo oriental mood, un tocco originale x un outfit scontato!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant, really great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stylish idea!!! Next week "Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Berlin" starts - I would love to invite you to read my posts about it! I'm so excited! ♡Love, Kyra
    FOLLOW MY BLOG // TELL ME // I FOLLOW YOU BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the belts! What I really love about them is how flattering they are. I'm all for anything that will make me look a few pounds thinner. Beautiful fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buon inizio settimana mia cara..... a presto!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. as always, so chic. Love this post! xx

    xoxo;
    Into The Blush, a Beauty Blog by Kenny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. molto interessante!
    se ti va passa a trovarmi:http://viviconvivi.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

  13. Thanks - I emailed him with the link. I'll keep you posted
    Obi belts

    ReplyDelete