Wednesday, 9 January 2013

New Year, New Necklace.

As I came back from my Christmas holidays I sadly found out I had no longer access to the internet! ...Bummer! Now the line's working, also if tends to abandon me (basically at anytime). Well, today I feel brave, therefore I'm going to [try to] show you one of my latest creations!



A long, totally handcrafted chain made out of blue gemstones, alternating with wood disk decorative patterns! 
There are four of those patterns, two black, two lilac. The firsts feature a huge ceramic bead painted in blue, black, and gold hints. The seconds feature a small, 8 mm round smooth blue onyx. 

Hopefully, the piece results fresh and original, but still classic, the combination I love the most!

Another reason why I'm so proud of this last chain necklace is the harmless black-blue combo, which happens to be the worst wardrobe choice one can makes according to fashion rules....But who cares? I like it too much!

For making the necklace I used brass wire, and a small piece of brass lacquered chain, which is not just decorative, it also signs the back. In the picture above the necklace is caught doubled, but it's actually a 45 inch long piece. So I thought it comes useful when wearing designer necklaces to know exactly how the chain is supposed to fall. Then of course you wear it how you like better!


Stay tuned*! 

*hoping I'll stay tuned myself, sigh!

15 comments:

  1. Questa collana è sorprendente...ma non perché le "fashion rules" dicono che il nero non sta bene col blu..(a me piace poi questa combinazione cosi chiamiamola s-fashion :))...ma per aver osato di abbinare legno con ceramica e con metallo...risultato sorprendente: è bellissima!
    Buon 2013!
    Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...grazie, è un grandissimo complimento quello che mi fai! Buon anno anche a te!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! I love the length, can do a lot with this.

    Have missed your blog posts -hope you had awonderful holiday ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, and thank you, I love it too, so versatile! In Italy I was fine, basically visiting happy relatives, old friends, newborns, and even some pets! I now can prove the Christmas enchantment exists!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I am so glad to have caught your post ... I don't get to read my blogs as much as I used to ... I have made it a point not to spend as much time on the computer as it seems to rob my time from life, if I let it. I love your new creation and love the color combination ... who cares about the so called experts ... have you seen the hideous and "bad for you whole body" shoes that some are wearing .... honestly what's wrong with some women ... anyway, just wanted to let you know that I know how much time and effort and creativity this takes.

    Love and Light,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Seems to me a good new year resolution, but then I must especially thank you for taking the time to say hello - so kind of you! Btw, you're too right about those shoes :D

      Love, light, and happiness

      Delete
  5. welcome back!:)beautiful necklace:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Agnieszka, and of course: happy new year!

      Delete
  6. Ciao cara, come va?
    Te voglio augurare un strepitoso 2013.
    Sono tornata con il blog , aspetto la tua visita: http://couturetrend.blogspot.i...
    Il Facebook sempre aggiornato: https://www.facebook.com/coutu...
    Un grande bacio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back and Happy New year! Lovely necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mi piace quando si accostano materiali dalle texture diverse, è come se dessero personalità al gioiello e questa collana è perfettamente equilibrata.
    Bella bella
    A presto
    Imor Malia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Elettra :) Yes sometimes it's good to break the rules and I think the colours work very well together..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah and happy new year! I really appreciate the judgement of a painter on the matter, thank you so much!

      Delete