Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Sewing Elettra

Today I'd like to share some sewing projects I was up to in the last few months. They are still good for beginners (as the sachets), but perhaps can provide much more immediate satisfaction!

This denim jeans above are outstanding but comfortable, thank to the stretching fabric. I'm wearing them quite often! I designed the pattern by hand from a old pair of trousers (which now seems unfortunately too small for me, sigh!)


Those colorful pillow covers are instead made out of the silk and cotton fat quarters I found at the Etsy shop Fabrics and Trims (I'd like to spend random good words for their shop, such as kindness, fast shipping, great fabric...). Well, I have to say my sofa looks much more cosy now!


Above all, yesterday I finally completed the handmade journal series. As you probably remember, this DIY project is all about recycling, but for the lovely buttons by L'Officina (I purchased them during a fundraising campaign). 

I hope they can inspire you! Have a nice day!

15 comments:

  1. ricordo quel post...
    queste stampe sono bellissime
    baci
    http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The journals turned out beaurifully !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Che brava, addirittura hai cucito un pantalone!!!
    Le stoffe sono meravigliose, ottimo impiego!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Li ho messi perchè credevo fosse difficilissimo farli ma...senza troppi dettagli (tasche, taschini etc) sono fattibilissimi :) Divulgo!

      Delete
  4. great diy! love those colorful journals and pillows xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brings back memories when, so long ago, I sewed all my clothes. Love those buttons.

    Happiness always,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects. Love the fun little journals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! im fran, a spanish male fashion blogger. Maybe you like my style and want to follow me
    forever...fran

    http://showroomdegarde.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/blue-blazer-and-brown-details.html

    also my twitter: @showroomdegarde

    ReplyDelete
  8. Urca, mi erano sfuggiti... bellissimi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. molto carine le tue fodere stai diventando molto brava con il cucito continua cosi baci lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those handmade journals :)they are absolutely cute!!!

    ReplyDelete