Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Sewing what a passion!

Recently I could have forgotten to update blog and shop (...more than usual). That's because I'm lost in my sewing projects, which - no need to say - are completely random! 
I bought some fabric, mainly because I ran out of cloths I can recycle. Nonetheless I used a zip I had (which in fact is of a different color).


Anyway, that purchase was my ruin! I started sewing the day after and spent all my spare time trying to archive something (well, anything). DIY is addictive.


While working, I found myself solving problems I couldn't even think about before starting. It was a challenge, and the lack of a proper sewing machine made it more tricky. 



I must admit it gave me great satisfactions, for instance...this shirt eventually fits perfectly my silhouette (women will agree: we're all different!), the cut is original, the fabric I choose is very good, and bla bla bla.



So, I'm quite happy with the results - among which a comfy pair of velvet trousers -, but there is a lot of "but". On the one hand, I'm worried about the possibility to reproduce what I've done that easily, as in the common case of a friend who asks you for one (already happened).

Of course I now have a pattern for that shirt. I took some notes as well. I also read about how sizes work. But I'm sure it would be an effort! On the other, if these few days were not enough to gain confidence about sewing clothes, were enough to become aware of the knowledge one needs to make beautiful things out of fabric. And it's a lot of knowledge!

So, I'm still unsure about tailoring as a simple hobby, but I fell in love with it and so I'll try to keep on making stuff!

Stay tuned!

23 comments:

  1. Wow ... I just love this fabric ... this post reminded me when years ago I sewed most of my clothes just because nothing really appealed to my crazy, flamboyant flair at the time. Great shirt.

    Love always,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't doubt for a second you had already explored the matter! Thank you, your comments are a pleasure anytime!

      Delete
  2. Ma che bella canotta, la stampa floreale mi piace moltissimo.

    Bead and Crochet Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molto bella poi il colore è stupendo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...vero? l'ho trovata originale e versatile come stampa ed ho detto...mia!

      Delete
  4. That's a really cute top. Sometimes I spend more time blogging and tweaking my shop than I do making stuff. It's good to concentrate on your art and forget about the other side of it for a little while :-) That's what it's all about after all; creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorabile questa fantasia, fa molto primavera :D

    Nuovo post nel mio blog Philippe Matignon new collection
    Se ti va passa a salutarmi :)
    Bacioni e buon weekend, Elena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. piacere di conoscerti, sono già passata per un saluto!

      Delete
  6. wow ma è bellissima!!!
    complimenti!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bellissimo cara, sia il modello che la stoffa. Sono davvero orgogliosa di te!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Molto carina la stampa.

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't know wwhich is better, the top, or the story of making the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The top is so lovely! :) And I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too when I saw it in the shop! It's strong and delicate :D

      Delete
  11. Wonderful fabric and you are clever to make such a pretty top - it's so nice to wear something original like that and something you have made yourself too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. e molto bello il tuo lavoro e poi i colori sono superbi complimenti un bacione lili

    ReplyDelete