Friday, 14 September 2012

Special Beads. How-to: Paper Beads

I had two fistfuls of murano beads - one purple, one yellow - which I've bought some time ago. I had thought to use them for making earrings, but I soon found out I'm not good at following plans. I just start beading and go ahead forever.

 
So...rope necklaces. Long, very long, almost too long (I mean, I can't take a proper picture!).




I was pleasantly hypnotized and didn't want to stop working, when I ran out of beads. Fortunately, I remembered I had to repair the necklace of a friend of mine. Perfect timing: alienation day was not over yet! 

Anyway, at a closer look, I noticed that those beads were made out of rolled paper, held still by transparent tape - or at least it seemed, because then I discovered people mostly use glue, and nail color (SIC). 
It's brillant, I think, and so I'd love to share this video-tutorial by Ms. Liz with you...



Have a nice weekend!

29 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the video...most interesting....another thing to put on my TO DO list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's on mine too, also if we're not third-grade anymore :D

      Delete
  2. I love these .... I think the flappers worn really long beaded necklaces ... how fun and beautiful they are. I'll have to share the video with my daughter ... I know she will love to make these paper beads.

    Love Always,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Thank you! Besides, you taught to me something new and interesting (as always)! I didn't know the term "flapper". I checked on wikipedia!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ...grazie, a presto foto meno sgranate!

      Delete
  4. ma che esplosione di vivacità! questi colori mi hanno rallegrata :)!
    molto interessante il video, grazie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...questo mi fa davvero felice :D Tra l'altro, Ms. Liz è fantatsica!

      Delete
  5. Che meraviglia le collane! Il video interessantissimo, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the first one!!! so beautiful!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. Beading is infinite, direction-less and VERY satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Necklaces are veery great!)

    very nice blog by the way ;)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet

    !!! LEAVE COMMENT AND WIN RAY-BAN ON MY BLOG !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautful mix of colours, and very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you! I can't help exceeding with colors!

      Delete
  10. Great video! I love the homemade beads! You can make so many cool ones by choosing the right papers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ciao! Complementi per il Tuo blog .. Mi piace molto e Adesso passero SEMPRE .. Sto passando per invitarti a Conoscere FAN PAGE AL FACEBOOK:

    http://www.facebook.com/couturetrend1,
    sempre agiornata con Tutto do le moda, make up, decorazione e tante Altro ..

    MIO BLOG : http://couturetrend.blogspot.it/
    Oggi un messaggio speciale scritto Tutto de pensiere Miei! Bacii e Una Meravigliosa Settimana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie, troppo buona! "Ho piaciuto" la tua pagina facebook, davvero interessante :D

      Delete
  12. wonderful! love the first one:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blog!
    Would you like follow each other?
    Let me soon on my blog!
    Anthea
    www.antheafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Paper is amazing :) thanks for shearing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow you too with pleasure!
    Anthea

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! ma che carino il tuo post! l'ho trovato pieno di ispirazioni!

    ReplyDelete
  17. queste colane sono stupende ,e fare le perle di carta non e per niente difficile grazie per la condivisione un bacio a presto lili

    ReplyDelete