Friday, 7 September 2012

Labradorite Mon Amour!

I'm kind of busy these days  - read: overwhelmed - so I'm not updating so often as I'd like.  Fortunately, my crafts always comfort me. Nothing cheers me up more than a northern light shimmer! So poetic...


This is one of my latest listings on etsy, a delicate composition of gray drops. See, in the half-shadow of the lab they look like river stones...


...but incredibly, they transform themselves in luminous flares as the light shows up in the room.
This precious gemstone is known as Labradorite, but due to the peculiar way it reflects the light, it is also called the "falcon's eye". I find it quite appropriate, it actually has something...wild.

***

...Soon more amazing crafting adventures!

20 comments:

  1. stupenda , adoro quei riflessi camaleontici!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. vero?! sono molto particolari, non sono riuscita a prenderli tutti, ma sono mitici!

      Delete
  2. This is one of my favorite stones ... but I must say I love all stones, to me they hold magical qualities and vibrations. Labradorite helps with dream work and intuition. Your necklace is stunning,

    Love Always,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true! I should have written also something about its properties...I'll update as soon as I can!

      Delete
  3. Davvero bella! Adoro questi toni di grigio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!!! want this one on my neck!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog and post! (;

    Maybe u wanna follow each other?
    If u wanna, let me know. xx

    Love, Jackffy
    jackffy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly amazing gemstone in amazing crafting adventure :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Buona domenica!
    Xx
    http://www.dontcallmefashionblogger.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm look really good
    nice !
    if u want follow me and writte comment ;*

    Visit my blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stones and they sure do make a beautiful necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely stone, I have never heard of it, it's a bit like the connemara marble and your simple design compliments it so well :)

    ReplyDelete