Monday, 11 June 2012

Recycling Paper

As I said to Topogina, I had a wonderful sunny weekend! So I spent both saturday and sunday afternoons outdoor. But it turns out sun is a great engine for creativity! I don't even know how I came out with this, nor what is it, exactly...maybe a mini-journal?! 



I made it recycling paper (inside) and a cardboard box (cover). I sewed them together in the middle with my mini-sewing machine. I've read about that on a maker's blog, but unfortunately I can't remember which one!
I covered it up with the vintage fabrics I brought back from Italy, and refined the blank spaces inside with black bristol board....

The first and the last pages are made out of white rice paper. Ah, of course, before glueing the fabric, I also sewed the black satin cord on the cardboard.
The technique is the same I used to cover with plastic my school books when I was a kid - did you do that?! -, at least this is the memory which came to my mind in the first place. Well, I have these amarcord moments when I craft!

24 comments:

  1. Hello, what a great idea. It looks so professional, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You encourage me to make a few more :D

      Delete
  2. This is really great! Love it. It's been so hot here ... high 90's expected today ... it's absolutely hideous. Enjoy your wonderful weather.

    Love and Light

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take care! I'd like to have some tricks to suggest, but when it's that hot one can just hope to be at home during the hottest hours of the day!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ...Grazie! In questo periodo ho piacere a condividere un po' di tutto, ma presto tornerò con uno showcase di bigiotteria!

      Delete
  4. That's lovely, I love the fabric, and I love how well the black cord contrasts with the red in the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the last comment - the fabric is great with that cord and it is so professionally made. You have many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Si, anch'io foderavo i libri in questo modo! Ma questo quaderno è davvero speciale!
    Mi sono accorta solo oggi, che non ero tua follower: ma ho rimediato subito!!
    Ah, dimenticavo: partecipi al mio blogparty? Sei una delle amiche de L'Idea Grafica più affettuosa e più affezionata! Ci tengo!
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie mille! Sì...stavo pensando di mandarti anche io il racconto di un matrimonio un po' speciale, ma non sapevo se poteva andar bene...Adesso mi sono convinta!!!

      Delete
  7. Bella idea rivestire i quadernetti in questo modo...

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely material and it turned out really well. Yes, we used to have to cover our books with things like wall paper and brown paper ourselves as kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...when I remember things like that, I get emotional!

      Delete
  9. Great!:)I love the fabric and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful!
    Love paper re and most of all paper recyclers <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grazie per il commento!!!!
    Sei bravissima e il tuo quaderno rivestito con il tessuto, mi piace, mi piace, mi piace!!!
    Adoro riciclare, e questa la trovo una bellissima idea!!
    Baci Benedetta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks amazing and what fun! I love making notebooks from recycled materials too, it's such fun. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Really appreciate it and wish you a wonderful Summer. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's super super chic!
    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meraviglioso questo quaderno..è nel mio stile!!
    Grazie per i complimenti degli scatti...
    Un bacione :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for such a lovely comment :)
    love this little journal, so cute and wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a grand journal! Great cheery fabric and earth-friendly too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! I want to make one.

    ReplyDelete