Friday, 25 May 2012

Textilart, or...Sewing Elettra!

I eventually bought a mini stitcher, and fulfilled some awkward dreams of mine!

...I had this pattern very clear in my mind (note well the contradiction), and I tried it out! I learnt to use the machine on the field. I would not recommend it, anyway I'm quite happy with the result!


So, my first project was this funny regulable skirt, which has four buttons on each side to switch from a XS to a XL (and from a mini to a under-the-knee skirt). The long laces can be fasten in a quantity of manners: belt, bow, knot, and at the front, at the back...

The second project was a pair of drawstring pants: I just drew the layout I wanted on fabric (high waist), cut, and stitched the silhouettes together! ...100% free style! Maybe, if I took the time to change the thread, now I would be even more proud: white on purple is a little bit scary...

  

With the leftover and a fat quarter by finnish artist Päivi Eerola, I made the cover for a feather pillow. Then...oops....the fabric was finished! I up-cycled the zip from a old pair of pants and ...let's say, it has a weird aspect! I'm going to iron it, and see if it wants to stay put :D
I now wait for some silk fat quarters from India. I can't wait for them (...but I have to, at least two weeks!).
Of course I did (not) neglect my shop: I listed unfussy lavender bags, flower necklaces and hair pins in the textilart section.

Stay tuned!

22 comments:

  1. nice.. :-)
    kisses
    http://color-blockbyfelym.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job! Love all the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skirt...brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. tutto superbello e coloratissimo!!!!
    ciao Grazia

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skirt is too lovely!! I love it! And the lavender bags in your shop are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the Mini Stitcher is so cute :DDD and u are really good.. you made some great stuff XD i'd love to be able to sew!
    have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work. You are truly multi-talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Lovely skirt and I think that your cover for pillow is really cute!
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mi piacciono i tuoi lavori. Sono carini, originali e pratici. Ti seguo volentieri. A presto

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work! Cool skirt. And Wow, I never heard of a min-stitcher. Though I can hand sew and embroider I never learnt to use a sewing machine. Would you recommend this for a beginner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I think it may be very frustrating for a person totally unexperienced - at least reading many online reviews! Mainly, sometimes it is not easy to go straight because the machine is so light it moves while working. It's not perfect, just useful...

      Delete
  11. Fantastic! I love the skirt - this kind of apron/skirt has a lovely retro feel which is so flattering, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also, I cannot believe that you did all this on a mini stitcher!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's exactly an apron/skirt :D
      I fell in love with that mini sewing machine...It may be tricky at the beginning (as I wrote above !), but it sews almost anything!

      Delete
  13. thanks for the advice in your reply comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally amazing projects :) love them all and thanks for sharing :)
    Also thank you for your kind comment on my blog :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bella bella bella...ho scoperto il tuo blog solo oggi e non mi prerderò più nessun post...corro ad iscrivermi tra le sostenitrici!!
    A presto

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow... semplicemente deliziosa! Bravissima!

    ReplyDelete