Saturday, 21 April 2012

Dried Lavender Bags and Eye-Relaxing Pillow

Hello everybody! I'm definitely "exploring new lidos (= shores)", meaning today I'm not listing jewelry but...lavender bags!


You won't believe it, but I'm still waiting for sharing the sewing machine. It's my fault, of course, since I've been travelling all the time. When I travel, I cannot even take with me the things I need to make jewels, so, ex necessitate virtus, I've played with some fabric scraps. I hand sewed some sachets with black and white linen and the liberty fabric I bought last month from "Murphy and Sheehy" in Dublin.

I filled them with lavender buds - organically grown in France, very high quality! It smells so good!

The last lavender pillow is an eye-relaxing bag, I discover this genius thing at the local market years ago, but just today I decided to make one and tried it out. It's marvelous!

*** D I Y  T I P S ***

Linen is a "super transpirant" fabric, very good to make your sachets work correctly. An important tips on lavender bags: when you think they're losing the scent, just massage the sachet, gently crushing the buds. This is what makes them release their unique smell. 
***
Stay tuned!

17 comments:

  1. I love making these bags myself...good luck with your new venture.

    Happiness to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute, these little bags! and the fabric motif is lovely!
    Mariana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se passi da me c'è un premio da ritirare per te!

      Delete
    2. Ciao! Ho letto e visto...Grazie del premio e soprattutto delle belle parole! Nei prossimi giorni mi adopererò per esserne all'altezza!

      Delete
  3. Great to see a modern slant on a timeless, traditional favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Love your choice of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bellissime tutte quante e che bei colori!!!!
    ciao Grazia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bags....adoro il profumo della lavanda....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would need these right now :-) They are gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely idea! I imagine the combination of the texture of the material and the beautiful scent is very relaxing indeed. I also love Murphy Sheehy's, it is such a treasure trove of a shop! Best of luck with these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice and sure they will smell so good !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! I'd love to have an Eye-Relaxing pillow right now! too much pc!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carinissime :-) e profumatissime, adoro il profumo di lavanda. Le stoffe colorate sono bellissime. Ciao, Nadia.

    ReplyDelete